Thursday 4 December 2008

Neglectful...?

Oh dear. I haven't done very well with my pledge to post once a day, every day, have I?!

Sometimes, I just don't know what to write about...and I think you've all had your fill of logs...so this brooch is something new-ish I've finally found the time to photograph. It's machine embellished using wool, yarns and sari ribbons. I love the intensity of colour they provide. It was inspired by the wonderful mosaics created by Valerie - see them in her mistflowerstudio Etsy shop here.

5 comments:

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hi Charlotte,
I have been blogging too tonight and should have been sorting out all my washing!
I do love the textures you build up on your work.

gunnelsvensson said...

I haven´t either blogs so much lately, I haven´t had so much to talk about and not so much new thing to share. Sometimes I need a break from blogging I think... Your new brooch is wonderful !!

Nic Hohn said...

it is always a delight to come visit and look. I never ever tire of seeing what you are up to!

Dot said...

I agree with Nic Hon - I love visiting your blog and seeing what you have been up to. This peice is glorious!

I don't always have the time to blog either. It is good to have a bit of space from it from time to time. You do well to blog as often as you do - with your busy life :)

Dot xx

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

Hi Charlotte. Love the vibrancy of this piece. It's great to go mad with the embellisher isn't it.
Great blog too. I gave up on the posting every day idea. Better to just post when we have something to share : )Aileen.