Thursday 12 March 2009

Treehouse Surprise


Birthday treehouse stairs, originally uploaded by fancypicnic.

These are the feet of an over-excited-birthday-girl-newly-nine daughter of mine, exploring her birthday treat.

As if the woodcutter didn't have enough to do, he took time out yesterday to build his baby a treehouse. For those that know him, he has an absolute 'thing' for treehouses. If he had his way, we'd live in one permanently. So, I guess the next best thing was to surprise his offspring with one of her very own. She had absolutely no clue he was building it all.

She is now the rather proud owner of a winding spiral staircase (made from our tipi pole offcuts), which leads to a 'viewing platform', which leads to a room within the 'nest' of the tree complete with a resting bench. At the weekend, there is a plan to extend, and add yet another platform, right at the top of the tree, from where inhabitants can stand and drink in the view of the valley...I didn't have anything like this when I was a little girl...!!

For a couple more images, click here and here.

13 comments:

kendall.micayla said...

aww! It is so cool! I love the staircase, I havent seen one this cool before... I will have to show my dad! :) Love it!
Happy Birthday to the birthday girl!
Kendall

Emma Loves Stitching said...

Wow what a wonderful Birthday present, bet she's over the moon!!
Hope she has a brilliant day.

Emma :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a lucky birthday girl! Give her Birthday Wishes from us all

x Caz x

Allison said...

Oh, I love treehouses! If I had one, I would move all my crafting supplies inside and could imagine that I would probably stay in my treehouse all day long just creating. (even though I am slightly older than 9). The spiral staircase is simply brilliant!

Unknown said...

Oh my! How beautiful! I just adore tree houses, that spiral staircase looks incredible, like it could go off into another land. I think I need one of my very own... What an amazing birthday present!

Mariana said...

how beautiful!!!! I didn't have anuthign like this either!!!! She must be so happy with it. Especially now in spring, with the nice days up there...aaahhh can we come over? :)

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

I just bet that your daughter was happy as can be about her treehouse! What a great get-a-way spot for her to have!!

Jackie said...

What a joy! I always wanted my kids to have one but my 'woodcutter' never had any time and the trees in our garden are prey to wild winds from the moors.
Lucky girl.

Crafted by Bairbre Aine said...

What a lovely gift for your birthday girl. And lucky you, to have such a sweetie to make such a splendid surprise for her!

I so enjoy reading your posts!

Thank you for nipping over to my blog.
I understand about the 'logging' situations.
There isn't a waiting list.
I've got one extra box made up, but no more folks commented.
So, if you want, shoot me an email, with your addy and I'll be heading over to post boxes by next week (the first box of three, but shhhhhh it's a surprise :)
Cheers~Bairbre Aine

mimilove forever said...

WOOHOO! Top prezzie...I had a tree house in my mum's apple tree when I were a tiddler

...well I say treehouse, it was more of a ladder with a cushion at the top...

(Think that 4th packet was off cos I narf felt iffy!)
xxxxxxxxx
x;0)

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

I want to live in a tree!

belinda marshall said...

what an amazing present! i would have loved that as a kid!
i've joined in your saturday shopping – hope that's ok :)

Unknown said...

fantastic photo ... how awesome is that! Visual candy yum yum