Wednesday 4 March 2009

On My Desk Wednesday

Something a little bit special on my desk today...isn't she fabuloso??

Meet Petrova. Here's her story:

There was once a small vaudeville show that traveled the back roads. Such magic as costumes, grease paint and rouge pots jumbled in their trunks as the wagons traveled from place to place.When Petrova performed her Swan vignette to the sepia-like towns, the patrons gazed enchanted, as if Petrova was a doll come to life.

I wish I was Petrova...but that aside...she's my Valentine's gift from the woodcutter. She arrived today and she's amazing, complete with little rouged cheeks and a pursed little mouth. Love her? Visit JunkerJane's Etsy shop for more wonderful monsters and personalities - and check out their stories, too!



So I have a happy desk today - visit kootoyoo's blog to find more. Why not join in?

4 comments:

Dot said...

I love Petrova Charlotte! What a great present from the woodcutter :)

Have marked her creator's shop as a etsy favorite and will buy one of her dolls soon (they are so quirky).

Love to you and the girls.

Dot xx

Contessa Kris said...

Awww, he must love you very much to buy you such a treasure. So adorable! Thanks for sharing the etsy store. I'll have to go look.

edward and lilly said...

Oh, so cute! What a great etsy find.

gulle hexan said...

so cuteee doll:)
x