Tuesday 7 April 2009

Apologies to begin with...


Elven Collar, originally uploaded by fancypicnic.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise to all Shopping List Saturday bloggers. I usually try very hard to pop in on everyone's Shopping post (although sometimes I know, some do seem to slip through an invisible net)...but I have to say that this week it seems I'm failing. Sorry xx I'm sure your lists are wonderful - they always are! It never fails to amaze me the sheer variety and volume of handmade items that are available to us all via Etsy. Always something new to discover!

This week, we are booked up to the gills with log preparations, tipi pole deliveries and school holidays! You may see a little less of me over the next week or two...but for now, have a bit of colour...I couldn't resist any longer the lure of lime green, turquoise and cyclamen silks again, despite a recent foray into whites and silvers. I just love the textures of scrunched up dupion silk, and the thready edges of snipped taffeta. I think I love this riot of colour because I tend to spend my days in black from top to toe, through winter and summer. Maybe these textile pieces are a little bit of escapism for me?

7 comments:

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

Have a wonderful couple of weeks and stop in when you get a chance.

Danielle

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

So beautiful! Always love popping in to see your creations!

Chocolate and Steel said...

did I miss something? log preparations and tipi poles...what holiday is this?

ColourFly said...

This collar looks really great!!! I love the colours so much!

kendall.micayla said...

It is gorgeous!
I hope that you have a wonderful few weeks, but I am looking forward to you being back!
Thank you so much for the contact add on Flickr!
Kendall

Contessa Kris said...

Stunning piece as always. I love your riotous use of color. Thanks for sharing the saturday Shoppers list this weekend. I love all of them and am going to visit.

Mariana said...

beautiful colors always. So cheery...helps through the gloom of winter.
Im glad the log company is doing so well. Congrats to you all!