Saturday 11 April 2009

Shopping List Saturday

Easter is upon us! With a small nod to this, I've chosen some pastel beauties to share with you this weekend. Enjoy...

1)Nested no. 2/ wunderlust- I'm so smitten with this nest (more in the shop)...a gloriously simple yet hugely effective idea! What a terrific way of using up your scraps; I'm so keen to discover how it all holds together...tiny stitches? glue? woven?
2)doily clock/ andfurthermore - don't you just love doilies?? I love the notion of taking them to an extra level - as a constant decorative feature. Beautiful.
3)Rabbit by Klaus Haapaniemi/ Wilkintie - I'm going to quote from the item description: 'A charming print by the master of folk art inspired imagery from Finland. Klaus brings to this print a wonderful sense of the mystery and magic of nature, it's not hard to imagine the Sami gods bringing forth this exquisite creature from the frozen Tundra soil.' Love it. It tells its own story.
4)NEST/ MariaElena - Each NEST is unique, crocheted from upcycled fabric and embellished with an assortment of beads,vintage buttons, bangles, ribbon, yarn, feathers, birch bark and bits of lace. Nests aren't just for Easter, but they're perfect for Spring, and I love the pieces of ephemera that have been combined together here. Eclectic, and not dissimilar to that of a bird collecting paraphernalia for their own nests.

For more lists packed full of handmade beauty, do click on the links in the sidebar. If you'd like to go shopping in Etsy and share your wishlist with us, just let me know!
Have a terrific holidaytime...xx

8 comments:

Leslie said...

I love the nests! What a beautiful list! Happy Easter.

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

I'm a fan of the clock. Very cool use of the doily. Or maybe I'm just enamored with the Tiffany blue background!

Danielle

Contessa Kris said...

Gosh, these are all gorgeous! I want one of those fabric nests in the top left. perfect for spring! Thanks for sharing. Happy Easter to you and your family. May God richly bless your lives.

Shannon Duffy said...

Such a sweet group of goodies! I just could not get to the computer last night to get my list together...my apoligies. Many house chores to complete. Does anyone every get them all finished? Hope you have a great weekend! Cheers, Shannon

kendall.micayla said...

What a beautiful list! Happy late Easter!

Nostalgic Nosh said...

I love how elegant doily's make just about anything look. Lovely.

Marichelle said...

Thank you so much for including my tiny nest!! It's actually held together by tiny stitches :)
x Marichelle

Dot said...

Those crocheted nests are gorgeous! Thanks for these lists Charlotte. I found etsy seller MummySam through you and I LOVE her!