Friday 1 August 2008

Wish I Was Here, Again...

* Big sigh.*

Oh, I wish I was here again. Friends of ours are popping in for a flying visit to see us today, on their way back to Cambridgeshire (where we used to live) after their holiday. This, of course, set me thinking. Thinking beautiful, tranquil thoughts of wonderful family holidays.

Our favourite holidays for us as a family have been those spent camping in the Lizard, Cornwall. This photo was taken a couple of years ago - we'd hired this little boat for the afternoon, and we'd poddled about, taking in a creek or two (yes, think Daphne du Maurier) and ending up in a secluded cove - very private, not a soul to be seen - on the Helford River. A bottle of local freshly squeezed apple juice and a cake (or two, ah-hem!) later, we were back in the boat for our trip back.

None of us wanted to leave. It was absolute heaven. Our favourite spot, I think. It's only fair, though, to mention Kynance Cove here, too. Dramatic and picturesque, it rests at equal first place in our hearts.

Wish I was there, right now...

3 comments:

Cary said...

what a beautiful looking place!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful photo. Could be a postcard or something taken from a book. And it captures the essence of Cornwall perfectly. Don't want to be smug but this time next week I will be there. *sigh* can't wait...

Mariana said...

I find it very unfair when my memory brings back the images of those little places where, beyond exotic plants and white sanded beaches and stuff like that, a simple place where I/we had lots of nice fun. And I wish I was there... and I can't. Not fair.