Monday 9 February 2009

Frazzled

I know I've shown you this image before, but you see that poor old soul in the kitchen, slumped amongst the mess, with her head practically in the oven...? I think that's me....

I'm so grateful for all of the feedback left for me regarding the 'facelifted' fancypicnic.com, both here and via the web site's contact form. I really appreciate the fact that you've taken the time to have a peek, and then critique it for me. I took all recommendations on board, and modified the banner to accommodate larger photographs - and I agree that it looks much better, and maybe a bit more inviting! Thank you for that!
There are still tweaks to be made regarding little details and possible background colour alterations , but generally, I'm happy. I thought I'd trial-run this blog page in black, to be a bit more cohesive with the dotcom page...but I keep trying different combinations out.
(I won't tell you how long I've sat and fiddled/tweaked for. It's far too embarrassing!! Don't be surprised if next time you pop in it's different again...!!)
**later** And now, it's all over. No more fiddling. Ever.

9 comments:

kendall.micayla said...

ooo, I like it!!! I have no idea how you do the little background for the title of the blog. I will have to figure it out!!:)

Jackie said...

Hello. Although your blog looks really smart, I just thought I'd say that I find 'white on black' hard to read after a while. (but thats probably because I'm old}There may be others like me. Thats all. Its not a criticism just a point.
Good luck with the website. The link doesn't take me there though. (Oh dear again not a criticism just thought you'd like to know)I bet you wish I hadn't bothered commenting.

'fancypicnic' said...

Thanks, Kendall.
Jackie - I absolutely take your point about black backgrounds. I'm never sure that I like it, but it seemed to work for the website, so I'm having a dabble with the blog. I'm not sure it's 'me' though!

As for the link...I think it's fixed - thanks!

Julia said...

Your banner looks great...very enticing!

Mariana said...

I really like how colors jump in your website and Ive told you this a million times when I see your pics in Flickr. The colors are gorgeous. Then again, I like bright colors :) I founf it really easy to navigate, and clear... which is the best.
Give your selg some time to rest. This website thing can be exhausting and exasperating sometimes!!!

'fancypicnic' said...

Thank you, Julia!!

Marian - thanks xx I know you love me!!

mimilove forever said...

Top fiddlin chick, looks bloody marvellous...

I love your photo's almost as much as your bits...they take me back to when I were knee high to space hopper n first copped a visual thru a kaleidoscope...ooo it were wunnerful!
x:)

Charis Sharpe said...

Hi Charlotte,

the website looks amazing! So definitely put the kettle on, grab a biscuit & have a little rest... you deserve it!

Laura said...

I have just popped by for a look at your website and think it is wonderful. I think the black background highlights you photographs and really makes them stand out! Congratulations, it is a pleasure to wander around :)