Thursday 26 February 2009

That W.I.P...?

Remember that W.I.P 'on my desk' last week? This is it, a custom order now finished, and making itself at home with its new owner.
It is constructed mainly in silks, in orange and silver grey, with some glittery ribboned taffeta to add a bit of sparkle in the background, and shiny glass beads in purple and lime, to add interest to the space between each disc. A few bright beads define the centre of the upper floral motif.

I really enjoyed working on this slightly more figurative piece...I feel more may well be on the horizon, in all sorts of different colours and sizes..............

9 comments:

gunnelsvensson said...

very beautiful !!

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

love the shape of this piece.x

Jackie said...

A gorgeous new style.
yum!

kendall.micayla said...

It is beautiful! I like the colors a lot, you have such a cool way of putting things together!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

It is just gorgeous as are all of your pieces!!

hens teeth said...

Charlotte ~ the owner must be thrilled to bits, as the pendant is divine in every way.

Nicki said...

Oh that's lovely! You always use such gorgeous colours.
I'm trying to work out what you use as the 'thread' that you hang the pendant on.....do you make it? Fab.

Gina said...

Absolutely stunning!

vadjutka said...

it so beautiful!!